Thursday 24 March 2011

Research - Green Screening



Tried out a bit of Green Screening, so I had the experience working with the camera and after affects. I had Russell film me whilst just standing there and talking about, moving slightly left to right. First thing that went wrong here, was the green light coming from the light ring on the camera. It was a bit too much, so it did colour my shadow slightly.



Important the clip into Affect effects, and added a mask around me, to clip off the edges as the green screen I used wasn't big enough to fill up the whole camera frame.



Placed a static image under the movie layer, this image is the image I wanted to be placed. Next I open up Keylight, an addon in affect effects, to key out the color green. It removes parts of the clip the same colour of the colour you tell it to remove, so for this footage I remove the bright green you can see behind me. Thus:



Now got me on the image I put in. The only problem, like I stated earlier, was that my shadow I couldn't correct fully. Not having enough time to redo the footage, I had to keep this outcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment